- Lobby service to resume at Edmond and Hefner branches on Monday, April 12.
- After April 12, all Oklahoma Fidelity Bank branches will offer lobby and drive-thru interactive banking services..
We are reintroducing lobby service at our Edmond and Hefner locations on Monday, April 12. After this date, Oklahoma Fidelity Bank customers will have access to in-person lobby service at all six of our branches. In addition to the lobby service, business can be conducted by connecting to a live banker through any of our Drive-Thru Interactive Banking Machines, as well as through online, mobile and SmartVoice banking. Our customer service team is also available to assist customers at 1.800.757.0464.
OFFICES WITH LOBBY SERVICE
150TH AND WESTERN
To maintain a healthy environment for all customers and staff in these locations, the following precautions will be in place:
- Face mask is required. You may be asked to remove it briefly for identification purposes.
- Protective equipment. Clear shields will be utilized at counters where transactions are conducted.
- Enhanced sanitation procedures. Workstations will be cleaned after assisting each customer, including counters, signature pads and desk spaces.
- Social distancing aids. Visible markers will be installed on the lobby floors to encourage social distancing while waiting and conducting banking business.
- Hand sanitizer. Customers will have access to hand sanitizer to help maintain a safe environment.
- Optional account opening procedures. Individuals wishing to open accounts will be offered the option of a low-touch process where information is collected and final documents are provided through the email.
Support for business customers
Oklahoma Fidelity Bank is now accepting applications for round two of the Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program. At Oklahoma Fidelity Bank, PPP assistance is administered online. All information and correspondence will be facilitated online and through email. Borrowers will need access to a Oklahoma Fidelity Bank business checking account and be enrolled in online banking before the PPP application process can be started.Read More
Update December 30, 2020 - Stimulus
The stimulus bill passed by Congress is intended to help American families cope with the impact made by the COVID-19 pandemic. In early January, eligible taxpayers will receive an automatic distribution of “economic impact” (aka stimulus) payments of up to $600 per individual or $1,200 for married couples, along with $600 for each qualifying child.Read More
Update November 23 2020
In light of the concerning rise of COVID-19 cases in our communities, the Hefner, Rockwell and Edmond Oklahoma Fidelity Bank lobbies will be temporarily closed to in-person service beginning on Friday, November 27, 2020. Lobby service will still be available at the 150th & Western and Broadway Extension branches. We see this as a critical step toward helping slow the spread of COVID-19, alleviating the strain on our medical community and keeping our customers and employees safe.Read More
Three ways to prevent phone scams
Imagine this scenario. Your phone rings. Your bank’s number shows up on the caller ID, so you answer. The caller says they are reaching out about some possible fraudulent charges to your bank account. Before they can discuss the charges, they need to gather some personal information from you to verify that you are the owner of the account.Read More